Black Bean Salsa Smash:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 small sweet white onion, chopped
- 1/2 small jalapeno (seeds and ribs intact), chopped
- 1 15-ounce can organic black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1.5 cups cooked beans)
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- squeeze fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Everyday Guacamole (see link for recipe)
- La Sonoma Carb Cutting Tortillas or corn tortillas
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- sweet white onion, chopped
- Cholula Hot Sauce
- 0% Greek yogurt
- 8 eggs, pan fried or scrambled in nonstick frying pan
- Gather ingredients. Prepare Guacamole if necessary. If using La Sonoma tortillas, let come to room temperature.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Set aside.
- Drain diced tomatoes.
- I used the food processor to save time. Toss in garlic first.
- Then onion and jalapeno.
- Chop cilantro.
- Heat medium saucepan over medium heat. Add canola oil. Once hot, add onion, garlic and jalapeno mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, drained tomatoes, cumin, salt and hot sauce.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash, leaving some chunks and texture.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add a squeeze or two of fresh lime juice and 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro. Stir and set asid.
- Scramble or fry eggs.
- Individual Serving: One tortilla, 1/3 cup Black Bean Salsa Smash, 2 Eggs, 2 tablespoons Guacamole, 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt, chopped onion, chopped cilantro and a hot sauce drizzle to taste.
Source : allrecipes.Com