- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery (or is it one rib?), chopped
- 2 cups green, red & yellow peppers, chopped
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes (& juices)
- 9 oz cooked chicken sausage, andouille-style, cut into bite-size pieces*
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked converted white rice (I used Uncle Ben’s)
- Place all ingredients in 5-quart slow cooker. Add thyme and pepper; stir well. Cover and cook on high power for 4 hours.
- Maybe I should pack up a batch and send a roux-less-slow-cooker healthy gumbo care package to Emeril? Or better yet, I can hand deliver it to him in New Orleans .
Source : allrecipes.com