- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup plain lowfat (2-percent) Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup lowfat (1-percent) milk
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon Poppyseeds
- Lemon Glaze:
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan (8½ by 4½) with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl, add sugar and lemon zest. Stir together. Add greek yogurt, milk, olive oil, vanilla, egg and egg whites, poppyseed and whisk vigorously until blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until just incorporated. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick entered in center comes out clean. Remove and let cool to room temperature.
- To make the lemon glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and milk. Pour over the top of the pound cake.
Source : allrecipes.Com