Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Yield: 16 date balls
- 15 medjool dates (10 oz; 300 grams), pitted
- ½ cup almond butter (I used Justin’s classic almond butter)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place the dates, almond butter, cocoa powder, vanilla and cinnamon in your food processor bowl. Process until the ingredients come together into rough dough.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and shortly knead it with clean hands.
- Divide into 16 balls, each weighing 1 oz.
- Roll the balls in the toppings.
- Arrange the date balls on a tray or a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1 hour, to allow them to set and flavors to meld.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Remove from fridge 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 date ball; Calories: 110; Fat: 5g; Carbohydrates: 17g;Sugar: 13g; Sodium: 2mg; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 2g