- 1¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (see Note)
- Season chicken with ⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, chile powder, cumin, cinnamon and the remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt to the pan. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomato sauce, broth, chocolate chips and almond (or peanut) butter; stir to combine. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, return the chicken (and any accumulated juice) to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes more. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Source : allrecipes.Com