Yield: 4 servings
- Olive oil spray
- 1.5 lb. fresh tomatoes, cubed into large cubes
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped (8 oz)
- ½ cup (packed) chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (8 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded part-skim Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with olive oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes, onion, garlic, the basil (reserving 2 tablespoons for topping), 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Brush the chicken breasts on both sides with the remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon kosher salt, black pepper and the oregano. Nestle, flat side up, among the tomatoes.
- Bake 15 minutes. Turn the chicken pieces, and bake 15 more minutes.
- Switch oven to broil, set on high. Leave the oven rack in the center of the oven. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with the cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. Sprinkle with the remaining basil and serve.
Adapted from Rachael Ray Magazine.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 441; Fat: 14g; Carbohydrates: 14g; Sodium: 573mg; Fiber: 3g;Protein: 61g