- Olive oil spray
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen chopped cauliflower
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (80 grams) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz) almond flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment (not foil) and lightly spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a microwave safe plate and microwave 7 minutes, stirring midway, to thaw. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, garlic powder, thyme, black pepper and cayenne. Add the Parmesan and the almond meal, then add the thawed and drained cauliflower. Use a large spoon to mix everything together well.
- Use your hands to form into 16 patties. Arrange the patties in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets, making sure they don’t touch each other. Patties will be lumpy and look as if they might fall apart, but don’t worry, it all comes together as they bake. Allow them to remain lumpy at first, and flatten a little into patties after they bake on the first side.
- Bake the patties 15 minutes on the first side. Turn, flatten a little with a spatula and bake 15 more minutes on the second side. Allow to cool a couple of minutes, then serve.