Yield: 20 cheese balls
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3oz (3/4 cup) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1oz grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1oz (1/4 cup) finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, white or black
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Place the cream cheese, Cheddar, Parmesan, garlic, parsley, cayenne, black pepper and salt in your food processor. Process until well blended.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape the mixture into a bowl, cover, and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Shape the mixture into 20 one-inch cheese balls, each weighing ½ oz (15 grams).
- Roll the cheese balls in the toppings to coat. You will need to gently press the cheese balls into the chopped nuts to help the nuts adhere.
- Serve immediately, with crackers and/or crudités, or refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 cheese ball; Calories: 82; Fat: 7g; Saturated fat: 3g;Carbohydrates: 1g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 86mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 3g