- 1/2 cup fat-free egg product
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal™ whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 4 medium)
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or no-trans-fat 68% vegetable oil spread stick, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 to 2 teaspoons fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottoms only of two 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix egg product, oil, pumpkin, 1/4 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until well blended.
- 2 Add all remaining cake ingredients except carrots. Beat on low speed 30 seconds or until well blended. Stir in carrots. Pour batter evenly into pans.
- 3 Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Carefully run knife around sides of pans to loosen; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4 In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. On low speed, beat in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla until well blended. Beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until smooth. If necessary, add milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until frosting is desired consistency. Spread frosting between cake layers and on top. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 280
- Total Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 2 1/2g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 190mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugars 31g
- Protein 3g