- Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
- MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- PointsPlus 9*
- 3 cups frozen cauliflower florets
- 4 1/2 oz. (about 1 1/4 cups) high-fiber elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1 lb. raw extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 tbsp. canned tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Optional seasoning: crushed red pepper
- Place cauliflower in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Uncover and stir. Re-cover and microwave for 2 minutes, or until hot. Drain excess liquid.
- Roughly chop cauliflower, return to the bowl, and cover to keep warm.
- In a large pot, cook pasta per package instructions, about 7 minutes. Drain pasta, and stir into cauliflower. Re-cover to keep warm.
- Spray the pot with nonstick spray, and bring to medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper, and cook and stir until browned, about 4 minutes.
- To the pot, add ground beef, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stir, and crumble until beef is fully cooked and veggies are soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot, and stir well. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir in cauliflower-pasta mixture. Cook until hot and well mixed, about 2 minutes.
Nutritional Info :
- Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe (about 2 1/2 cups)
- Calories: 375
- Fat: 6g
- Sat Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 690mg
- Carbs: 50g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugars: 13.5g
- Protein: 33g