Bran lends a nutty flavor and makes these sweet indulgences a little more healthy.
- Makes 24 servings .
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bran flakes
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, applesauce and sugar. Add the eggs, bananas and buttermilk and mix well. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, bran flakes and chocolate chips. Mix just until evenly moistened. The batter will be lumpy with a few dry streaks.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 16-18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store the muffins in an airtight container for 1-3 days or freeze in a resealable freezer bag or airtight container for up to a month.
Nutritional Info :
- smart points 4