- ½ tablespoon butter or coconut oil for pan
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 9-inch glass pie plate with butter or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. One by one, gradually whisk in the honey, vanilla, almond flour, kosher salt and baking soda.
- Use a spatula to transfer the batter onto the prepared pie plate.
- Bake until puffy, browned and set, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- If after 30 minutes the cake is not yet fully baked, loosely tent it with foil to prevent over-browning, and continue baking 5-10 more minutes.
- Cool the cake, in the pan on a cooling rack, to room temperature, about 30 minutes, then slice and serve. I keep leftovers in ziploc bags in the fridge, warming them very briefly in the microwave (10 seconds per slice) before serving.
If using unsalted butter, try adding ¼ teaspoon kosher salt when you add the baking soda to the batter.
Serving size: 1 slice; Calories: 231; Fat: 13g; Carbohydrates: 22g; Sugar: 18g;Sodium: 192mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 7g