- 7 bacon strips, divided
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (about 3 pounds) well trimmed of all excess fat
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 2 pounds), coarsely chopped
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 6 Quart
- Line the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker with four bacon strips. Sprinkle all side of the well-trimmed pork roast with salt and place it in the slow cooker on top of the bacon. Arrange remaining bacon over top of the roast.
- Cover and cook on Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or until the pork is tender when pierced with a fork.. Add the cabbage, spreading it around and on top of the roast. Cook, covered, 1-1-1/4 hours longer or until cabbage is tender.
- Remove pork to a serving bowl and shred it with two forks. Using a slotted spoon, add cabbage to the pork and toss to combine. If desired, skim fat from some of the cooking juices remaining in the slow cooker and stir into pork mixture or serve on the side.
Source : allrecipes.com