- 1 2/3 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped up small or shredded
- ½ cup chopped fresh pineapple (if you can’t find fresh you can use canned. Just drain it and don’t buy anything in syrup)
- 4 tablespoons spicy barbecue sauce (I recommend using a spicy sauce to give these a little kick and provide contrast for the sweet pineapple. I found one with only 6 carbs per 2 T)
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions (plus more for garnish, if desired)
- 16 wonton wrappers (typically found in the produce section)
- 4 oz (1 cup) reduced fat 2% shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, pineapple, scallions and barbecue sauce. Stir to combine until fully coated.
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Using about half of the chicken mixture, spoon evenly into the wonton wrappers. Sprinkle about half the cheddar cheese evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Source : allrecipes.Com