- Spring mix bagged salad
- Sliced pears
- Pumpkin spiced pecans (see instructions below)
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Dried cranberries
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Layer all ingredients and toss with Cranberry Vinaigrette Dressing starting with a small amount and then adding more to taste.
- Mix sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl until blended well.
- Add sugar mixture and pecans to a small skillet and heat on medium until sugar is melted – stirring constantly. Be careful not to burn the sugar.
- As soon as sugar is melted onto the pecans, pour pecans onto aluminum foil to cool.
- Combine cranberries, orange juice, and sugar in a medium sized sauce pan.
- Cook on medium high heat, stirring constantly, until all the cranberries pop. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour cranberry mixture into a blender and add olive oil, vinegar, and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- The dressing will be thick and creamy. If you prefer a thinner dressing, add small amounts of water (1 Tbsp at a time) until desired consistency is reached.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Source : allrecipes.com