- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus (optional) more for serving
- ½ pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups spinach
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ¾ pound mung-bean fettuccine (or another favorite fettuccine or pasta), cooked according to directions.
- In a large pot, steam the cauliflower for about 8 minutes, until soft when pierced with a fork.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until just fragrant.
- Combine the steamed cauliflower, cooked garlic, vegetable broth, milk, and parmesan cheese in a blender or food processor and purée until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In the same pan you cooked the garlic in, add the shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and spinach and continue cooking until the spinach melts, and the shrimp is cooked completely through.
- Add the sauce to the pan with the shrimp and veggies and cook until heated through, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss the sauce with the cooked fettuccine and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese on the side.