- 2 tablespoons walnuts (chopped)
- 2 ounces pancetta (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pear (cored and sliced)
- 1 cup Port Wine
- 3 cups lettuce, cut
- 1 tablespoon red onion (sliced)
- 1 ounce Roquefort cheese (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the walnuts in a preheated 350F/180C oven until fragrant, about 5-10 minutes.
- Fry the pancetta in a pan until crisp, about 5-10 minutes.
- Toss the pears in the oil and grill until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Simmer the port wine in a small sauce pan until it has reduced by half and is syrupy, about 5-10 minutes.
- Place the salad green on a plate and top with the walnuts, pancetta, pears, onion and cheese.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the port syrup with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a bowl and pour it on the salad.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Source : allrecipes.com