To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- APPLE FILLING
- 6 c apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 call-purpose flour
- 1 c sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 3/4 call-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 c shortening
- 2 eggs yolks plus water to equal 1 cup, reserve 1 egg white
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk or light cream approximately
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix apple slices, sugar, 1/2 cup flour and 1 tsp cinnamon for the filling. Set aside.
- Mix the remaining ingredients for pie crust, reserving 1 egg white.
- Divide dough in two pieces. Roll out 1/2 of the dough to fit a 10×15 inch jelly roll pan with sides.
- Cover with apple mixture. Roll out top crust. Cover with top crust. Brush top with egg white. Slit crust.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 min.
- Mix 1 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla with enough cream or milk to make a thin frosting.
- Mix well and spread over hot crust.
PLEASE, USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW