- 4 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or nut butter of your preference)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (13.66 oz.) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup all-natural honey
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray or nut butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl or mixer, mash your bananas, then add in eggs, nut, almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla extract, and mix together until incorporated.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the banana mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into your loaf pan and use your spatula to level the top.
- Place in oven and bake for about 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool at least 15-20 minutes before serving.
- If making the accompanying caramel sauce: combine your coconut milk, honey and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until reduced. Stir occasionally.
- Once thick and syrupy, stir in almond butter and vanilla and cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until mixture is a deep golden/amber color.
- Pour into a glass bowl and remove from heat. Whisk vigorously for 5 minutes until you’ve achieved a glossy ribbon-like consistency.
- Serve immediately (be careful not to burn yourself) or transfer to a re-sealable mason jar and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over banana bread and serve immediately.
Source : allrecipes.com