- 45 grams of butter
- 125 ml of water
- pinch of salt
- 100 grams of wheat flour
- 3 eggs
- 70 grams of grated Gruyère cheese
How to make Gougères
- Boil water with butter in a pot.
- Remove pot from stove, add salt and flour, mix well.
- Return pot to the stove and keep stirring till there is no lumps.
- Remove from stove and add eggs, one by one, keep stirring till dough looks “thick mayonnaise”.
- Add grated Gruyère.
- Place dough in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Place 10 scoops of dough on a baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven, in 200 C degrees, about 20-25 minutes till golden brown.
Source : opensourcefood.com