- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper
- 12 ounces spiral pasta
- 1¼ cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Chop the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Remove the top and seeds from the red pepper and slice into thin slices.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add in the broccoli and red pepper with the olive oil. Saute until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add in the chicken broth. Bring the broth to a boil and allow to boil until the mixture is reduced into half. Add in the butter and goat cheese.
- Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Drain the pasta and combine the cheesy vegetable mixture with the pasta.
- In another skillet, lightly toast the pine nuts by placing them in an even layer over medium heat stirring often until lightly browned.
- Add in the pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If desired top with some finely chopped parsley.
Source : allrecipes.com