Yield: 8 slices
- 10 oz fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cup (2 oz) scallions, chopped, green and white parts
- ½ cup (2 oz) sun-dried tomatoes, drained, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) package soft goat cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Olive oil spray (make your own using a spray bottle)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a 9-inch pie plate in the oven to warm.
- Divide the spinach leaves into 2 batches. Place the first batch in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave 2 minutes, until just wilted. Place in a clean towel and squeeze hard to get rid of as much liquid as you can. Repeat with the second batch. Give the spinach leaves a rough chop.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme and black pepper. Add the chopped spinach, the scallions, the sun-dried tomatoes and the goat cheese.
- Carefully remove the hot pie plate from the oven. Spray it with olive oil spray. Pour the egg mixture into the pie plate. Bake 30-35 minutes, until puffed and set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then invert onto a platter and back to a cooling rack. Allow to cool at least 10 more minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 slice; Calories: 197; Fat: 12g; Carbohydrates: 5g; Sugar: 2g;Sodium: 444mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 16g