Yield: 15 cupcakes
- 2 teaspoons melted butter or coconut oil for pan
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups (400 grams) canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup xylitol*
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 (8 oz) packages Neufchatel cheese (or reduced-fat cream cheese), at room temperature
- ½ cup (100 grams) canned pure pumpkin puree
- ½ cup xylitol
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 15 muffin cups with liners and brush the liners with butter or oil.
- Place the remaining cupcake ingredients in food processor bowl. Process until well-blended, 1-2 minutes, stopping once or twice to scrape the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Using a 4-tablespoon ice cream scoop, transfer the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Meanwhile, clean the food processor bowl.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack and cool 30 minutes before frosting.
- To make the frosting, place the frosting ingredients in the food processor and process until very smooth and creamy, 1-2 minutes, stopping once to scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Leftovers keep for a few days in a covered container in the fridge. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 cupcake; Calories: 215; Fat: 11g; Carbohydrates: 9g; Sugar: 7g;Sodium: 279mg; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 8g