FOR THE FRUIT:
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut into 3/4″ pieces
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and cut into 3/4″ pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- pinch of salt
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (75 grams) certified gluten-free oat flour*
- 1 1/4 cups (115 grams) certified gluten-free rolled oats
- 2/3 cup (132 grams) light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (149 grams) butter or 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon (126 grams) coconut oil**, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 1-quart, 8″x8″ or another similar sized baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, almond extract, vanilla extract, cornstarch and salt.
- Add the chopped fruit and stir to coat in the mixture. Let sit for at least 10 minutes while preparing the topping.
- In another large mixing bowl, stir together the oat flour, oats, brown sugar, melted butter or coconut oil and salt until well combined.
- Spoon the fruit mixture into the pan and top with the topping. Place the dish on a baking sheet to catch any spills.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the topping is firm and the fruit is bubbling. The topping will appear to be quite runny around 25-30 minutes but firms up in the last 10-15 minutes of baking. The filling may also appear runny while warm but thickens as it cools.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and serve warm or room temperature. Cover and store at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Source : allrecipes.com