It’s one of those recipes where the gluten-free version tastes just like the “regular” version. Delicious! I don’t sweeten the batter at all, so I serve these gluten free waffles with 1 tablespoon maple syrup per waffle.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- 6 oz fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or coconut oil for the waffle maker
- Plug in your waffle maker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the vanilla and milk.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture. Mix with a spatula to incorporate. Fold in the blueberries.
- Brush the waffle maker with oil. Pour the batter into the waffle maker, using a scant ½ measuring cup per waffle and spreading the batter to the corners before closing the lid.
- Cook 5 minutes. Serve immediately, with warm maple syrup – a tablespoon per waffle is plenty.