- 6 cups rice and corn Chex cereals, mixed
- 2 cups wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 2 cups crunchy pretzel sticks
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, if desired
- Whisk together melted butter, Worcestershire sauce and spices in a mixing bowl until combined. Add half of the mixture to a 5- or 6-quart slow-cooker.
- Pour Chex cereal, nuts, pretzels and crackers into the slow-cooker, stirring until well mixed. Add any other mix-ins at this time, such as cashew nuts, broken bagel chips, or your favorite non-sweetened cereal.
- Drizzle the rest of the margarine mixture over the cereal blend, and continue mixing until the cereal is completely coated.
- Set the slow-cooker to low, and cook the Chex mix uncovered for 2-3 hours. Stir the mixture every 20 to 30 minutes to keep it from scorching.
- Pour the Chex mix into serving bowls or onto rimmed baking sheets, and allow it to cool for a few minutes. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker