- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 white onion
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 garlic salt
- Boil about a gallon of water in a large pot on high heat.
- Combine flour, eggs, salt, milk, butter, and nutmeg in a large freezer bag. Knead together ingredients while they are in the bag until dough forms.
- Cut a corner off of the bottom of your freezer bag so that there is a very tiny hole the thickness of your noodles.
- When your water begins to boil, squeeze strands of dough through the hole in your bag so that they are about 1 1/2-inches long.
- Repeat step 4 until all of your dough is in the boiling water. Boil noodles for two minutes.
- Prepare cheese sauce by heating up 1 cup of whole milk in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Whisk in 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour when milk begins to steam. Continue whisking for 3 minutes.
- Add in cheese, salt, and garlic salt to your saucepan. Stir together and remove from heat.
- Strain your boiled spaetzle in a colander.
- Transfer spaetzle to a medium pan and saute your in butter on medium heat until the noodles begin to brown.
- Chop your onion and sear in a separate pan in olive oil on medium heat until onion becomes crispy.
- Add cheese sauce into your pan of spaetzle. Cook on low heat for 1 minute.
- Top with crispy onions.
Source : allrecipes.com