- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1¼ – 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
For the frosting
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
For the chocolate drizzle
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer on medium speed, cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt, just until the mixture is smooth. (do not overbeat). Add the egg and milk and mix until combined, scraping down the bowl as needed. Turn the mixer to low and slowly mix in the cornstarch, baking powder, cocoa powder and 1¼ cups of the flour, scraping down the bowl as needed. Continue adding flour 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough gathers itself into a ball and pulls away cleanly from the sides of the bowl. (You may not need all the flour.)
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb or a ¼ teaspoon.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until the edges are just dry. (do not overbake as the cookies will continue cooking while cooling). Remove from oven and allow cookies to sit for 5 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
While the cookies are baking, make the frosting:
- Combine the cream, brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer and allow to bubble and thicken into a caramel (about 6-7 minutes – do not continuously stir or mixture will not thicken). Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the coconut and pecans. Let cool slightly.
- Fill each center of cookie with about 1 teaspoon of frosting. Melt chocolate chips and drizzle on top of the cookies. Allow to set.
Source : allrecipes.com