GARLIC ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUT SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 pound brussel sprouts, ends removed, halved or quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over spaghetti squash halves and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place squash halves cut side down on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss brussel sprouts with garlic, lemon juice and remaining olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Spread brussel sprouts out in an even layer on a second baking sheet.
- Place spaghetti squash and brussel sprouts in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until squash is fork tender and brussel sprouts are browned and crispy. Note: cooking time may vary depending on size of the squash.
- Remove vegetables from oven, cover brussel sprouts with aluminum foil and let squash cool 5 minutes before handling.
- Once cooled slightly, take a fork and begin shredding flesh of spaghetti squash. Continue until you’ve got “spaghetti” strands.
- Combine brussel sprouts and shredded spaghetti squash in a large bowl and toss together with parmesan cheese. Note: drizzle in more olive oil for a more “dressed” dish.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, and serve immediately.
Source: 12 tomatoes