- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ C cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 T red wine vinegar
- ¼ C fresh basil
- ⅓ C EVOO
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- kosher salt
- 8 oz campanelle (about 4 cups)
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into ribbons with a peeler
- 1½ C halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 C mozzarella (shredded or via bocconcini)
- ¼ C pine nuts, toasted
- ½ C fresh basil leaves, sliced if leaves are medium or larger
- freshly ground pepper
- Make the dressing: Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil, add the garlic and cook 2 minutes (strange, but true). Remove the garlic with a fine mesh sieve and place in a mini food processor with the cherry tomatoes, vinegar and basil. Puree until smooth. Add in the olive oil and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the salad: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. In the last 2 minutes of the pasta boiling, add in the zucchini ribbons. After, drain zucchini and pasta in a colander, and rinse under cold water Shake of the excess, then transfer to a bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Add tomatoes, mozzarella, pine nuts and basil to salad. Toss, season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
Source : allrecipes.com