|2 tbsp canola oil|
|1 medium onion, finely chopped|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|3 cup cooked white rice|
|2 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|1 tsp ground coriander|
|1⁄2 tsp ground ginger|
|2 tbsp (up to 3) vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, (regular can be used as well)|
|1 salt, to taste|
|1 fresh cilantro, (optional)|
|1 green onion, sliced (optional)|
|1 black pepper, freshly ground, to taste|
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until it just begins to soften and turns color.
- Add garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until onion is golden.
- Add spices and Worcestershire, and stir into onion and garlic.
- (The first time I made this, I was afraid to add the full 3 Tbsp of Worcestershire, but the addition of the rice balances the flavor out).
- Next, add the beans and then the rice.
- Combine the rice and beans evenly and cook until mixture is heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
- Garnish with some chopped cilantro or green onions if you prefer.
- Vegetarians use only the vegetarian Worcestershire sauce.
Source : allrecipes.com