Fudge Pie is a true indulgence for chocolate lovers. It’s a dessert that sits somewhere between a brownie and a chocolate truffle, offering a deep, fudgy, and intensely chocolatey experience with every bite. If you’re seeking a dessert that’s simple to make yet delivers a big dose of chocolatey satisfaction, look no further. Let’s dive into the world of Fudge Pie.
For the Pie:
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
For Serving (Optional):
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Preparing the Pie:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch pie dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Add the eggs to the sugar and cocoa mixture. Beat them in until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Gradually add the all-purpose flour and continue to mix until well combined.
- Pour in the melted unsalted butter and pure vanilla extract. Mix until the batter is smooth and velvety.
- Add a pinch of salt to enhance the chocolate flavor. Mix it in.
- If you desire some extra texture and flavor, fold in the chopped pecans or walnuts.
Baking the Pie:
- Pour the fudgy pie batter into the greased pie dish.
- Smooth the top to ensure even baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. The pie should be set around the edges but still slightly gooey in the center.
- Allow the Fudge Pie to cool for a bit before serving. It’s often enjoyed warm, but it’s equally delicious at room temperature.
- If desired, dust the pie with powdered sugar for an elegant touch.
- Serve individual slices with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate indulgence.
Variations and Tips
- Chocolate Varieties: Experiment with different cocoa powders for varying degrees of chocolate intensity. Dark cocoa powder will result in an even richer, darker pie.
- Chocolate Chips: For extra gooeyness, fold in a half-cup of chocolate chips to the batter.
- Nut Variations: Customize the pie by using your favorite nuts, such as almonds or hazelnuts, instead of pecans or walnuts.
- Flavored Extracts: Add depth of flavor by using flavored extracts like almond, mint, or orange extract in place of (or in addition to) vanilla extract.
- Sea Salt Topping: Sprinkle a pinch of flaky sea salt on top of the pie just before serving for a delightful contrast to the sweetness.
- Serving Warm: Fudge Pie is exceptionally delicious when served warm. If you make it in advance, a quick reheating in the oven or microwave will do the trick.
- Storage: Store any leftover Fudge Pie in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days, or refrigerate it for longer shelf life.
Fudge Pie is a decadent dessert that’s remarkably easy to make yet delivers a rich, chocolatey experience that’s sure to satisfy your sweet cravings. With its gooey center and indulgent flavor, it’s a treat that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for a truly heavenly experience. Whether served at a special occasion or simply enjoyed as a midweek pick-me-up, Fudge Pie is a chocolate lover’s dream come true. Embrace the richness and dive into the world of Fudge Pie!