- 1 cup uncooked quinoa I used tri-colored
- 1 large mango
- 1 container (6 ounces) raspberries
- 2 kiwis
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges well drained
- 1 heaping cup fresh blueberries
- 1 large orange 2 tablespoons juice and 1 teaspoon zest
- 1 large lemon 1 tablespoon juice and ¼ teaspoon zest
- 1 and ¼ tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- Salt and pepper I use about ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Optional: fresh limes
- Prepare the quinoa according to package directions.
- Prepare the fruits: Peel and chop the mango. Wash the raspberries. Peel the kiwis and slice or chop. Drain the mandarin oranges. Wash and dry the blueberries.
- Allow the quinoa to cool completely and add all the fruits. Gently mix together.
- Prepare the dressing: combine the orange juice and zest, lemon juice and zest, honey, dijon mustard, & salt and pepper in a small food processor or blender. Blend until smooth — make sure the honey is incorporated. Blend in the vegetable oil. Taste and adjust to preference (more honey, salt, pepper, etc.)
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix. If desired squeeze a wedge of lime over the salad.
- Store this salad in the fridge.
Source : allrecipes.com