- To make your own “fruit” cake: Start with a slab of watermelon. Each cake layer is about 3″ tall, so keep that in mind.
- Get a slab of watermelon by cutting the top and bottom off (it should be larger than the finished size of 3″). Then carefully, cut the rind off, trying to keep the watermelon chunk round
- To get your layers as even as possible, use a ruler and insert toothpicks all around your fruit at 3″. Rest your knife on top of the toothpicks and slice off the top layer to get an even 3″ slab.
- For layer #2, cut the top and bottom off a honeydew melon. Clean out the seeds and cut the rind off this melon too. Using the same toothpick trick from the watermelon, make this slab also an even 3″ from top to bottom.
- For layer #3, cut the bottom off the cantaloupe. Use the same toothpick trick, but you want to keep the cantaloupe bowl shaped, so measure down from the top.
- Carefully cut the rind off the cantaloupe and even it out.
- Stack up your layers. Don’t worry too much about minor imperfections – you’ll fix them with the “frosting.” If you need to, add toothpicks to hold the layers togethe
Now it’s time to decorate!
- To make the flowers, cut a small bit off the end of grape. Make six slits in the grape. Be careful not to slice all the way through. Insert a toothpick through the grape and add a blueberry center
- For the candles, stack blueberries on a toothpick and a small piece of pineapple to make the flame!
And last, but not least, make a delicious fruit salad with all of the leftovers!
Source : allresipes.Com