- ¾ cup unsalted butter (1.5 sticks), softened at room temperature
- 1 cup granualted sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 15 ounce can vanilla frosting
- ½ teaspoons peppermint extract, optional
- 7 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking sheet or dish with aluminum foil and lightly spray non-sticking cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and granulated sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and cream until creamy and fluffy.
- Fold in the vanilla extra, flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Place the sugar cookie dough onto the baking sheet or dish and press down until the dough is spread out and even.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the top is no longer wet.
- Allow the sugar cookie to cool.
- Mix together the vanilla frosting and peppermint extract. Frost the sugar cookie and then top with crushed candy canes.
- Cut into squares then cut into triangles.
Source : allrecipes.com