I made my first loaf of sourdough bread roughly 10 years ago with the … by pouring off some of the culture and adding fresh flour and water.
- How long does sourdough bread last? The precise answer to that question depends to a large extent on storage conditions – keep sourdough bread in a cool, dry area.
- To maximize the shelf life of bakery-bought sourdough bread, keep in original packaging and store at room temperature.
- To maximize the shelf life of homemade sourdough bread, cool thoroughly before storing and place in plastic storage bag or breadbox, or wrap in foil and store at room temperature.
- Properly stored, sourdough bread will last for about 4 to 5 days at normal room temperature.
- How long does sourdough bread last in the fridge? Sourdough bread should ideally not be refrigerated, as the bread will dry out and become stale faster than at room temperature.
- If you must refrigerate sourdough bread (eg, due to a lack of pantry storage space or very hot, humid room conditions), the bread will typically last for only about 2-3 days before getting stale.
- Can you freeze sourdough bread? Yes, to freeze: (1) Slice bread or leave loaf whole; (2) Wrap tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place in heavy-duty freezer bag and freeze.
- How long does a loaf of sourdough bread last in the freezer? Properly stored, it will maintain best quality for about 3 months, but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only – sourdough bread that has been kept constantly frozen at 0°F will keep safe indefinitely.
- How to tell if sourdough bread is bad or spoiled? The best way is to smell and look at the bread: discard any bread that has an off smell or appearance; if mold appears, discard the entire loaf.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON OR OPEN BUTTON BELOW TO SEE THE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE FOR THIS DELICIOUS SOURDOUGH BREAD!