- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar mix (see below)
- 6 slices bread
- maple syrup (for serving, optional)
- powdered sugar (for serving, optional)
Cinnamon Sugar mix:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in milk. Add in vanilla and cinnamon sugar.
- Pour into a shallow dish (like a baking pan) and dip a piece of bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- Cook bread on a lightly greased waffle iron on medium heat until browned on both sides. Remove bread and sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar while the bread is still warm.
- Cut each piece of bread into strips and serve with syrup. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Source : allrecipes.com