- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium red onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 5 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, ground (see Ingredient Note)
- 1 cup water
- 1 red potato, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 19-ounce or 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook cumin seeds for 10 seconds. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until dark brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Add coriander; cook, stirring, for 20 seconds. Stir in water, potato, chickpeas, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the potato is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add tomato, increase heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro and serve.
Source : allrecipes.Com