- 6 potato large scrubbed skin on cut into wedges
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 100 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 50 g cornflour
- 1 tbs thyme
- 4 white fish fillet
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 egg lightly beaten
- STEP 1Toss wedges with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper in a roasting tin and bake at 220C for 35-40 minutes or until evenly browned.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, combine the breadcrumbs, cornflour, thyme and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Dust each fish fillet with flour and then dip into egg and finally into the breadcrumb mixture to completely coat the fish.
- STEP 3Approximately 10 minutes before the chips are ready, heat 1 cm oil in frying pan.
- STEP 4Add the fish fillets and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the coating is crisp and golden and fish is cooked right through.
- STEP 5Serve fish with wedges, salad and ketchup or tartar sauce.
I use cod or haddock fish fillets.
Source : Bestrecipes.com.au