They ate their food, talked and laughed. They had so much in common, and it was the perfect first date. Well, until this happened.
“They boxed our food and we continued to talk for 45 more minutes, chatting about family and friends,” said Janie.
But then, as they were talking, her date, who remains unnamed, began coughing, and lifted a figure as if to excuse himself. They weren’t eating, so Hall wasn’t thinking he was choking.
She turned her head to give him some privacy, but suddenly dishes were on the floor. Her date stood up, and then fell face-first onto the floor. Hall and a sever, Becca Bartholomew, rushed to his aid and rolled him over.
“He had glazed-over eyes and blood was coming from his mouth. I checked and he had no heart rate so I began chest compressions and CPR,” said Janie, who is a former respiratory therapist. She now works as an online educator of doctoral-level research.
Bartholomew took over, and told coworkers to call 911, and the two of them continued CPR. They checked his pulse again, this time it was there, but weak.
Eight minutes later, paramedics arrived on the scene, hooked him up to a monitor and detected a heart rhythm. She followed the ambulance to the hospital, and gave her card with staff so the man’s family would be able to get ahold of her.
The next day, she called and was patched through to his room, meaning he had survived. She connected with her dates daughter, and they began texting. They arranged a time to visit, and Janie was so relieved.
The doctors were unable to find the cause of his episode, but has since been released from the hospital and is resting.
Janie had said, “He looked amazing. And he remembered everything about our conversation at the restaurant. I told him, ‘I never got to thank you for the meal,’ and he said, ‘Oh my god, you saved my life!’”
The two even arranged for a second date, and he seems to be in good health now. But still needs to be taking it easy. We hope that him and Janie have a better second date!
If you are so thankful that Janie and the waitress were able to help the man, and that he is doing so much better now, SHARE this post!