- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups whole-grain or pearled faro, rinsed and picked over
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Place the onion in a microwave save bowl and microwave until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place the onion, tomatoes, water, faroo and salt in the slow cooker and stir well to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until the farro is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the olive oil, Parmesan, basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot garnished with more basil and Parmesan if desired.
Source : allrecipes.Com