- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 oz package taco seasoning mix
- 15 oz canned refried beans
- 2 cup monterey jack cheese, divided (or mixed cheddar, jack etc.)
- 1 cup salsa, (I prefer mild, but if you would like to kick it up a notch, go for it)
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄3 oz can sliced black olives
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed or chopped
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and cook according to package directions, adding proper amount of water.
- Put corn chips on bottom of 8×8″ dish.
- Cook refried beans on stove until hot.
- Add 1 cup cheese and 1 cup salsa. Stir until combined.
- Pour beans over corn chips in dish.
- Add beef to top of beans.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Sprinkle green onions and black olives over cheese.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven until the cheese is sufficiently melted.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle chopped tomatoes on top. Wait 1-2 minutes and then serve.
Smartpoints : 11
Serves : 7