I can’t begin to tell you how much I LOVE this casserole. About A Mom, you really outdid yourself with this one!
So, I was hunting around the internet for a delicious Mexican-type casserole to make for dinner the other night and I came across this amazing tamale pie recipe over on the About A Mom website. I didn’t think it looked too hard to make and I actually had all of the ingredients in my pantry, so, why not? Boy oh boy, am I EVER glad I made this stuff for dinner. Talk about amazing!
My husband and kids gobbled this tamale pie up like there was no tomorrow. It’s a keeper!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
Famous Taco Cornbread Casserole Recipe
- 1 package of cornbread/muffin mix.
- 3 cups of cooked taco seasoned meat.
- 1 (8 oz) cup of light sour cream.
- 1 cup of Colby jack, cheddar or Mexican cheese, shredded and divided.
- ½ cup of chopped onion.
- 1 medium chopped tomato.
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce.
- Prepare the cornbread in a large bowl according to the package instructions then spread it in an 8×8 sprayed pan.
- In a preheated oven to 350°, bake the cornbread for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the sour cream, ¾ cup of cheese and onion.
- Spread the meat over the cornbread then top with the creamy mixture.
- Bake for 15 more minutes then sprinkle with tomato, lettuce and ¼ cup of cheese.
Simple, easy and cheesy! This is a whole meal! You don’t need any side dishes or salads. This will do. Give it a shot, it’s worth it.
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ON FACEBOOK.