This baked eggs recipe is a slightly more labor-intensive recipe than these baked eggs, but I actually prefer it thanks to its more complex flavors. These delicious eggs are baked in homemade tomato sauce and are ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes, no salt or sugar added
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place four individual shallow baking dishes (such as these creme brulee ramekins) on a foil-lined baking sheet. Or you can use a square 8-inch baking dish.
- Prepare the tomato sauce: Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic until golden. Add the tomatoes, rosemary, oregano, parsley, ¼ teaspoon of the salt, and ⅛ teaspoon of each pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Divide the sauce evenly among the baking dishes. Break one egg into each dish. Sprinkle the remaining salt and peppers on the eggs. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top.
- Bake 15 minutes, until egg whites are fully cooked, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Nutrition Per Serving