|1 cooking spray|
|1⁄3 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs|
|1 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 tsp Italian seasoning|
|1⁄4 tsp garlic powder|
|1 medium raw eggplant|
|2 large egg white, lightly beaten|
|1 1⁄2 cup canned tomato sauce|
|1⁄2 cup part skim milk mozzarella cheese, shredded|
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in a medium-size bowl; set aside. Remove skin from eggplant and trim off ends; slice eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Dip eggplant first into egg whites and then into bread crumb mixture. Bake eggplant on a nonstick cookie sheet until lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes, flipping once.
- Place a layer of eggplant on bottom of prepared baking dish, then add 1/3 of tomato sauce and 1/3 of mozzarella cheese. Repeat with 2 more layers in same order. Bake until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling, about 10 minutes more. Slice into 4 pieces and serve.
- Per serving: 6 SmartPoints; 4 PointsPlus; 3 POINTS (old)
Source : allrecipes.Com