- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb. Italian pork sausage (I used the Whole Foods brand)
- 1 lb. frozen spinach, whole leaves
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack (or cheddar) cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the frozen spinach and cook, stirring often and breaking it up, until it’s defrosted. Allow to slightly cool, then place the spinach in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Wipe the skillet clean and add a teaspoon of olive oil. Add the sausage and cook, stirring and breaking it up, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the drained spinach, tomatoes, garlic, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper to the skillet. Mix everything to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs with the remaining salt and pepper. Pour on top of the sausage mixture. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake until eggs are set and cheese is browned, about 30 minutes. Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!