Rice is cooked in the oven with milk, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon.
- 1/3 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 quart whole milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Coat a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the casserole dish, mix together rice, sugar and salt. Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes. Let stand for 30 minutes. Sprinkle top with cinnamon.