- 1 tablespoon of bacon grease
- ½ cup of bird seed
- mixing bowl
- mini cupcake cup liners
- sugar sprinkles (optional)
1. In a bowl mix the bacon grease and bird seed. It is helpful if the grease is at room temperature so it is soft and blends well with the seed.
2. Fill the mini cupcake cups with the mixture. It will be greasy so you want to use a spoon to do this and possibly double up layers of cupcake cups.
3. Optional: Sprinkle the tops of the cups with a dash of sugar sprinkles. This just gives them a little sparkle. This may also help the reindeer see the treats from the sky!
4. Place the cups in the freezer or refrigerator for one hour. This will help the grease and the mixture, in general, harder and take shape.
5. Remove the cups from the cold. They will be hard and have taken shape.
6. On Christmas Eve or any night of your choice, remove them from their wrapper and place the reindeer bites outside for the reindeer to find.
Source : allrecipes.com