What do you think? Isn’t today the perfect day for a casserole like this?
When my son went off to college, it was one of the saddest days of my life. He was going to school nearly three hours away from home, so I knew he wouldn’t be able to come home very often. I tried to talk him into a closer school, but he wasn’t having it. My husband told me that it was time to let him make his own decisions, and reassured me over and over that he was going to be fine. I knew he was. We had done a good job raising a smart and strong man.
Then the day finally came when he said he was coming home for a weekend visit. I felt like he had been going for a year, when it had only been closer to a month. I wanted to make him something really tasty and homemade, knowing he was eating at the school cafeteria.
I found this recipe on Group Recipes for a Mexican casserole and it sounded great. It was his favorite style of food. After I smothered him with hugs and kisses, we sat down to a nice family dinner. It was just what I needed, and everyone loved it!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can Ranch Style beans
- 1 10-12 ounce bag tortilla chips, crushed…
- 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup water
- Sour cream and salsa for serving
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large skillet, brown meat and drain off fat. Stir in beans, tomatoes, onion, taco seasoning, soup and water. Simmer over medium-low heat until everything is well combined and heated through.
- Grease a 9×13 casserole dish. Put down a layer of crushed tortilla chips, followed by a layer of the meat/bean mixture, then half of the cheddar cheese. Repeat layers. Cover with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. Top with sour cream and salsa.
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ON FACEBOOK.