- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil
1. Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together. Let that sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add flour and salt to the water, sugar, and yeast. Mix this until smooth and let it raise for 10 minutes. I used my kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook and it was so easy and worked great!
3. On a floured surface, roll your dough out about 1/2 inch thick. I used a pizza cutter to cut the dough in half and then in strips (about 8-10 inches) for the garlic knots.
4. Roll the strips in your hands to look like ropes and then tie in knots.
5. Place the knots on a greased baking sheet and allow them to rise for another 10 minutes.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
7. While they are baking melt the butter and mix with garlic powder, parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil. As soon as the garlic knots come out of the oven, brush the tops with the butter garlic mixture.
Source : allrecipes.Com